Get the 411!
News & Information
New Home for LoneStar Youth Volleyball Programs (11/30/20)
Effective December 1, 2020, i9 Sports Frisco & i9 Sports Plano will host LoneStar Youth Volleyball! The youth volleyball programs you’ve enjoyed in Frisco for 17 years will continue under the umbrella of multiple youth sports offered by i9 Sports.
Arneva Martin founded LoneStar Volleyball Club in 2003, one of the first volleyball clubs organized in Frisco. Then, in 2006, she created the first youth volleyball league and training program in Frisco. The league drew up to 85 teams from around the area each season. Ms. Martin was the first to offer a professional coaching staff for league teams hosting 1st-6th graders in Recreational League play and 10U-16U in Competitive League play.
Isaiah Rojas, i9 Sports Franchise Owner for Frisco and Plano stated, “We’ve worked with LoneStar Volleyball and Ms. Martin over the last few years and recognized the quality and integrity of the programs she created. Our teaching and coaching philosophies are very similar. With Ms. Martin on board, we look to add volleyball to our sports programs utilizing her experience while following the successful training program implemented by experienced professional volleyball coaches. i9 Sports’ existing and new clients will benefit from the experience which made LoneStar Volleyball a great place to train and play volleyball.
“LoneStar Volleyball began and grew in Frisco ISD middle school gyms”, explained Ms. Martin. “And now, while building the i9 Sports Volleyball program, we’ll follow the same business plan solely utilizing ISD facilities along with public and private athletic facilities to expand our reach. Our professional coaches include current collegiate and club coaches, collegiate athletes, and trained, experienced volleyball coaches who train under a methodology following Gold Medal Squared standards. This allows our athletes to learn standard mechanics and queues which are expanded on as they grow in the sport. The coaches and I are thrilled with the opportunity to join the amazing team at i9 Sports and begin a new legacy of volleyball fun!”
The following volleyball programs with professional coaching have been added to the i9 Sports Frisco & i9 Sports Plano line up of sports:
- Academy Volleyball Training (1st-11th Grades)
- Academy training is LoneStar’s year-round skills and mechanics training program offered in 6-week sessions
- We’ve created two divisions which allow an athlete to grow as their knowledge and skillsets increase.
- Academy I is open to all participants from beginners to limited experience.
- Academy II requires approval by the training director to register. Participants may be promoted through Academy 1 or may attend the first session of Academy I and receive a skills assessment.
- Details: CLICK HERE
- League Teams (1st – 10th Grades) Winter,Spring, Summer, and Fall League Seasons
- Each season is 8 weeks in duration with Friday night or Saturday morning games
- Weekly practice, 1 game t-shirt, 8 matches, and 1 tournament.
- Recreational teams are grouped by grade – Friend requests are accepted.
- Competitive teams are grouped by USA Volleyball age divisions
- All teams are formed based on friend requests, school attending, or area of town, where possible.
- Details: CLICK HERE
- Holiday and Summer Camps/Clinics
- Provide an opportunity for athletes to train with our professional coaches on skill mechanics through skill-based drills and games. Training will include opportunities to enhance volleyball IQ and increase volleyball game comfort through small group games and multiple touch drills. Athletes are grouped by appropriate accommodations; net height and ball size.
- Camps and clinics will vary based on the holiday or school break.
- Details: CLICK HERE
Registration: CLICK HERE
i9 Sports Frisco & i9 Sports Plano offer Fun, Safe, and Convenient Youth Sports for all kids ages 3-14 through leagues, clinics, and camps operating in Frisco, Plano, Prosper and Little Elm in Flag-Football, Soccer, Basketball, Baseball, Zip Lacrosse and Athlete Development. The focus is on providing a Sportsmanship based youth sports program where kids can learn, develop, and have fun without the pressure of “Win at All Costs” youth sports leagues.
About i9 Sports Frisco & i9 Sports Plano
Mr. Rojas stated, “As the owner of i9 Sports in Frisco and Plano, it has been my pleasure to provide youth sports programs since 2016. And, what makes i9 Sports so unique is our 3-part approach to Youth Sports.
- We are the only Multi-Sport youth program where you can choose between 5-8 different sports every season (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall). This allows families to have their kids in different sports every season, which improves their overall confidence and athletic ability.
- We are Fun and Sportsmanship focused Recreational Youth Sports program. We are proud to have “equal playing time” in the games, a focus on sportsmanship over winning, and allowing our kids to have fun and gain confidence.
- We are the perfect league for busy families because our programs are all 1-day a week. That means the kids will practice and play their game all on the same day, which allows families to participate in sports without over-extending their already busy schedule.”
i9 Sports is “The Way Youth Sports Should Be!